Thursday, September 29, 2016

Apple iPhone 7plus Review








Hello Everyone, Today I'm reviewing the new Apple iPhone 7 plus!

iPhone 7plus
Here is my phone & everything that was in the box.
So like many of you Apple fans out there I watched the keynote on September 7th eager to see what was in store for my beloved iPhone. It already new I would be upgrading I really wanted to switch over to a gold phone and I have never had an iPhone longer than two years since I purchased my first one in 2007. I’m a bit of a fangirl and I’m okay with that. I respect people that don’t like iPhones, but for my MAC based household it is all I need or want. 



I was actually grocery shopping when the event started so I was not able to watch it as closely as I normally would, but I was very impressed with the new camera that the iPhone 7plus would be outfitting and more megapixels on the front facing camera is great for a girl that likes to post on Instagram as much as I do.  So at 2:55am I awoke to place my online order. I had already paid of my previous NEXT plan with AT&T so I was waiting for my spot to open up on the apple site and I also had the app open on my phone. It took about 15 minutes before I was able to get in and place my order. This year the Jet Black and Black phones were the most wanted so I had no issues selecting my Gold 128gb 7plus. My order was completed around 3:20 with a 9/16-arrival date. After a few post to social media I was off to dream land.

My precious arrived around 5:30pm on 9/16 and it took me about an hour to get everything backed up, updated and set up, including the new touch sensitive home button. I took it out this week to shoot some photos; I wanted to see how much the lens had really improved so I took the same shots with my 6 as I had already sold the 6plus. I was pleased at the improvements on the front facing camera as well as the overall image quality. I did notice that images taken in low light and zoomed in are still pretty blurry, so I’m not sure this is going to do the trick at a concert or the back row of Hall H, so don’t throw your DSLR in the trash just yet.

iPhone 6 image comparison

iPhone 7 comparison

I’m still trying to get used to the new OS 10.0.2 on the phone, but there are a few things that I am really enjoying some things I’m not sure if they are OS updates or things the were in the 6s that I skipped, however the top three things the I am enjoying are:

1.   The new swipe up from the bottom control center. I like that they have separated out the music and it now has its own screen and there is now more space in the main screen so you not accidently hitting the wrong button.

2.  Camera access now; now you can just swipe left and you’re immediately on camera view this seems to open faster and respond quicker that previously and that perfect when I trying to take an unexpected photo quickly.

3.    The Widgets that are now just a swipe away I like that I can remove and add the one’s that I’m most interested in and this a great way to get a lot of info in a few quick glances

**   Bonus, The fact that you can now delete all those apps that you never use like stocks, podcasts and many more on my phone is great. Just click and hold down like you would do to delete any other app and click that x and now its gone. From my understanding its still somewhere on your phone so if you decide to master the stock market you will be able to add it back. 

iPhone 7 front facing camera
Front facing camera iPhone 7plus


iPhone 6 front facing camera
Front facing camera iPhone 6

1 comment: