Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Review: Conair Lighted Mirror










I have had the same small mirror in my bathroom for ages, I don't even remember where I purchased it from that is how long I have had it. I decided that I want something with a stronger magnification on one side and I was also interested getting one with a light to aide with makeup applications and tweezing. I looked online and it was very frustrating 10 people would say the light was awesome and then another 10 would say it was the worst thing ever. I knew I had to look at these things up close and personal. So after calling a few stores and finding out they did not have the mirrors in the store I headed over to Ulta who confirmed over the phone that they had plenty in stock (lies.)

Their were 4 lighted mirrors on display all with the cords cut so their was no way to turn them on and test out the brightness (major bummer) and then only 1 that I liked was in stock and it was not my favorite out of the bunch. I wrote down the serial numbers and headed back home, I figured I would just order the one I like the best off the website (haha jokes on me) it was not even listed on the website, I found my 2nd favorite choice on line and ordered it. This was the Conair Reflections ($39.99) light that is battery powered it is a 7x/1x led mirror that claims you will never need to replace the lightbulb. I installed freshly charged batteries and the light was so dim (something those 10 bad reviews stated) I also felt like the mirror was not quite big enough and I did not like the oval shape as much in my bathroom as I did in the store. I returned this one mostly because of the light (wish I would have taken a photo) it was almost non existent. You would probably get more light from the flash on an iPhone.
                         
                                         
I took that one back to the store, and decided to look again before I left. Low and behold another mirror that I had been checking out previously was now on the shelf. So I stuck with the Conair brand, this is also a reflections mirror, but it has a cord and a fluorescent bulb that claims to be 30% brighter and compared to the first one I would agree. This one was a bit more ($75.) I believe it may be cheaper at other places, but I was already their and it was double points birthday month so I went ahead and purchased it. The only downside to this mirror is the tilt, it only tilts up about 45° (I guess I dont really know degree's) I have to place it on something about 4 inches taller, if I sat down while I did my makeup I don't think this would be an issue. When I plugged it in it gave off a nice bright light, it has a slight blue hue to it, but not enough that it affects the way my makeup looks. Also the stronger 10x magnification makes a big difference. This one is a keeper! I did not check and see how much the replacement bulbs are so I may kick myself later on, however I really liked the overall design its got a bit of weight to it which makes it sturdy and I don't worry about knocking over. The cord is a bit bothersome only because of the lack of plug-ins in my bathroom. Overall I am very happy with it and glad I made this choice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment